One in five people suffer from depression every year
Help is available in Dallas, TX
Call 972-808-7422 to schedule
Depression tears away hope, happiness, and life from both the person inflicted, and those friends and family closest to the person with depression.
What many people don’t realize is that clinical depression is a very treatable condition. Clinical studies conducted over the last 20-plus years have found time and time again that counseling therapy helps persons recover from even severe depression.
The questions below cannot confirm whether you have depression. However, if you answer “yes” to more than three, you might be experiencing clinical depression.
- Are you bothered by things that didn't used to bother you?
- Are you experiencing an increase in physical ailments, aches or pains?
- Are you having trouble falling asleep at night; or waking up early, unable to fall back asleep?
- Do you feel down most of the day, most days of the week, for at least 2 weeks?
- Has your appetite or weight recently fluctuated?
- Are you having any problems concentrating on simple tasks?
- Do simple daily tasks seem to take a large effort to accomplish?
- Does the future seem dark, unattractive, or unpleasant?
- Do you feel lonely, or have you been withdrawing from others?
- Have hobbies or pastimes that you used to enjoy now bring you no pleasure?